PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
ThreeWire is dedicated to expediting the clinical trial process and marketing specialty products direct to targeted patients for medical device, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies with existing or proposed innovative healthcare solutions. We do this through assisting with identifying, screening, referring and/or enrolling patients.
Clinical trials are the cornerstone for validating the efficacy and safety of investigational drugs, therapies and devices prior to market availability. The process for obtaining the required regulatory approval to bring products to market is extremely rigorous. ThreeWire specializes in providing services to reach, screen and process clinical trial participants. We also assist firms with identifying patient candidates for products that have regulatory approval for marketing within selected countries and subsequently connecting those patients with select groups of qualified physicians. As part of these processes, individuals are requested to provide and entrust ThreeWire with confidential and/or personal information (“Personal Information”). ThreeWire has adopted the following privacy and security policy (“Policy”) to ensure participants that their Personal Information will be protected by fair trade practices and in accordance with all applicable laws, including requirements under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) as well as the applicable patient and consumer data privacy laws of other countries within which we provide services.
ThreeWire is committed to protecting your Personal Information. We use computer systems to store your information using best-practice standards to keep your information from being seen by anyone that should not see it. This Policy explains what information we may gather, and for what purpose. You may contact us with questions about this Policy or to place restrictions on the use of your Personal Information outside of the scope of this Policy.
As used in this Policy, “ThreeWire”, “us” or “we” refers to ThreeWire, Inc., a corporation formed under the laws of the State of Minnesota, USA, together with its affiliated entities, including ThreeWire GmbH, a corporation formed under the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, and their respective successors and assigns. As used in this Policy, “you”, “your”, or “participant” refers to an individual who has elected to provide Personal Information to ThreeWire as part of the individual’s participation in a clinical trial recruitment program or other direct-to-patient outreach program. This Policy covers our website at www.ThreeWire.com as well as any website designed, programmed, hosted and managed by ThreeWire on behalf of our clients.
ThreeWire is committed to the following on your behalf:
1. We will not disclose, share or distribute your Personal Information to any third party without your express permission.
2. We will strictly adhere to the requirements of HIPAA regulations as set forth by the U.S. federal government and the laws of other countries where we provide services.
3. We will maintain the integrity of your Personal Information in a private and secure system requiring strict permissions and layered access.
4. Participant and Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties if required of ThreeWire in connection with a legal proceeding such as a court order or, subpoena. In such cases we will attempt to inform you prior to disclosure so that you may exercise any legal rights you may have to prevent it.
5. We will collect, affirm and honor your communication preferences whenever a preference capability is offered by ThreeWire.
6. All participants will be provided with the reasonable ability to access and update their Personal Information, as appropriate.
7. We will only use your Personal Information for identifying you within a given clinical trial or marketing program and/or for inclusion opportunities in future clinical trials or marketing programs for which you may be eligible, in all cases only with your consent and within the confines of regulatory and industry standards.
This Policy applies only to “Personal Information”, which is any information that can be used to identify you. Under HIPAA, some types of this information may be referred to as Personal Health Information, or PHI, which may be information describing your health, including symptoms, diagnoses, testing or test results, and medical care services and procedures including medications. It may also include information that could be used to identify you if used in conjunction with other types of information. Our Policy does not apply to situations where we may gather information from third party sources that do not identify you specifically.
Generally, we obtain Personal Information about you by virtue of you providing us with such information. The only Personal Information about you that we collect from third parties is information that you have provided through an “opt-in” process. For example, we do not have access to your medical records except in cases where we are providing services to or through a medical professional from whom you have